At this point, you’re probably excited and full of optimism and soon we’ll be doing showings. Now comes the most important step. Finding the right home. You should be set up on a MLS search already and getting those MLS results regularly.
When the MLS email comes in we need you to:
- Check the MLS email daily and review all of the properties we’ve sent you that day. Mark properties you want to see as Interested. We’ll then email you within 24 hours to set up a time to see that property. Properties you want to think about longer mark as Maybe. Properties you definitely don’t like mark as Not Interested. If you have any questions about a particular property, write those questions in the Comments field for that property in MLS. We monitor those sections and will get answers to those questions to you.
- If there’s something you love and want to see asap, shoot us a quick email or text us rather than waiting for us to contact you and let us know when you’re available and what you want to see. That way we can set up the showing asap. Remember, most properties require 24 to 48 hours notice for showings so it’s rare to be able to see a house or condo the same day. Also, properties are usually available to be seen Mon – Fri from 9am – 7:30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 6:30pm. Sometimes sellers will allow us to view a property outside of those hours, but it’s up to the individual seller. Also, during the spring and summer, great properties sell in 3-4 days so it’s important that you review the MLS email daily so we can jump on a great property as soon as you see it.
- Once we know when you’re available, we’ll set up the showings and email you where we are meeting and when. We’ll also ask if you want us to pick you up and drive you to the showing or meet you there.
- Remember to wear comfortable slip on shoes for showings as we’ll generally need to take them on and off at each property.
- We’ll email you the MLS listing sheets ahead of time so you can look at them on your phone during the showing so no need for you to bring anything other than snacks or drinks if you think you might get hungry.
- Wondering why the square footage isn’t listed on the MLS for more properties? Click here to find out why
While you’re looking at the MLS feeds each day we’ll also be networking our contacts to find you homes before they go on the market.
At this point there should be no need for you to continue to look on other sites such as Zillow, Trulia, etc. as all of those properties should be showing up in your MLS feed. If one isn’t for some reason let us know so we can tweak the search parameters of your MLS feed.
Now on to the showings! Read this great article about how many showings it usually takes to find the ONE.