If you did a pre-market inspection, we should already have a list of items that need to be fixed. If not and your dishwasher hasn’t been working for years or your AC unit has been making an unusually loud noise, we need to know so we can have those items repaired before your home goes on the market. It’s better to get items fixed now before they come up in an inspection report and potentially scare off a buyer later. We have access to affordable repair people, electricians, handymen, etc. and am happy to make repair appointments and even be at your home to let workers in and oversee the work. In general, we always recommend:
- Touching up the paint in your home
- Installing new caulk around every shower and tub
- Hiring a professional HVAC company to service and clean both your AC unit and furnace
- Hiring a company such as Stanley Steemer to steam clean your carpets
- Making sure all light bulbs are working and that every light fixture contains the highest wattage light bulbs it can bear
- Having chimneys professionally swept and add a rain cap. If any brick is loose have it repaired.
- Changing outdated cabinet hardware in kitchens and bathrooms
- Repairing any broken window screens at your local Ace Hardware
- Testing all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are functioning properly
- Making sure downspouts aren’t improperly sloped or damaged in single family homes. If they are, have them repaired.
- Repairing any damaged, broken or missing roof shingles if you own a single family home
Click here to see our list of recommend service providers such as handyman, appliance repair people, etc
Questions? Call 312-600-7510 or email shay(at)buyselllovechicago(dot)com.