Some homeowners feel like they’re in a difficult situation when it comes time to sell their home. They want out of their home, don’t want showings, or just want to make it as smooth as possible. We all want a swift sale, but it is more important to weigh all of the options in regards to companies that swoop in and buy for cash quickly. These companies sound like the complete package but it may not be all it is cracked up to be, even if it saves you a showing or two.
1) Many times a broker or agent can sell your house just as quickly if it is priced right with marketing being on point.
2) It only takes ONE person to fall in love with your house, thus meaning you may only have to show your home ONE time.
3) Listing with an agent usually gets top dollar for your home vs. undercutting with a company that comes in and low-balls.
4) Your agent or broker is in business to MAKE YOUR HOME SELLING and BUYING smooth for you! Give them a chance to get all of the money you deserve out of your home.
5) Your agent is there to help with fine-print, negotiations and make sure all information is relayed to you. Sometimes with these other companies, you agree to a price and then get hit with hidden fees or repairs after you’re expecting a quick sale, which can push you into the sale even if it is bad news.
In the end, if you’re in a situation where you need to get out of the house immediately or life doesn’t allow you to wait for a regular sale – still talk to a broker or agent first. Then, if they cannot help you, talk to your mortgage lender or financial planner before you call a liquidator or wholesaler. If you are okay with a little more time (may be not even much) and getting top dollar for your home, hiring a top-notch agent is the better bet.